Discover your purpose, focus your energies, and deliver your best efforts.
The following questions help our clients to discover their career purpose, so they feel more satisfied at work and in life. Get out a notebook, answer these questions, and start to unveil how you can best contribute your talents in the world.
1. What makes you happy? What brings you joy?
2. What do you love to do? Go back and think about each one of your jobs and write what you loved about it. Consider school and your personal life. Look for patterns.
3. What are you interested in? What topics do you read about, or pay attention to just for the fun of it?
4. What do you do naturally well and enjoy doing?
5. What do you value or care about most deeply?
6. What is the most meaningful thing you have done in your life so far?
7. If you were rich, what would you just for the fun of it?
8. How do you most enjoy contributing to others?
9. Who inspires you and why? List out five people and see if there are any similarities to their life, or actions?
10. What are your work preferences? What kind of environment and people are you attracted to?
After completing this list we recommend percolating on it for awhile, and then crafting one to five purpose statements. A purpose statement typically summarizes how you can best contribute to others, or the world.