Natalie Michael will be teaching a work shop on new innovations in Succession Management through the BC Human Resources Management Association in Vancouver on January 20, 2011. If you would like to create a leadership development strategy for your organization and build an internal and external pipeline of leadership candidates for key roles, this workshop is for you. You can register at http://www.bchrma.orgessay
Building internal leadership talent is a growing priority for most organizations. Many companies are seeing a gap between their top level of leaders and the next level and it is a concern giving pending retirements and growth opportunities. They need a well developed leadership development strategy. In this workshop we will help you address this challenge and provide answers to questions like: "How do you identify and develop our high potential leaders? What do you do if you don't have enough internal talent? What if the leaders you do have won't be in ready in time to fill upcoming vacancies?"This program will provide a framework for identifying your top succession risks and talking about succession in business terms so that you can get the attention of the executive team. It will also provide an overview of the succession process and key decisions that must be made when designing your program.
You Will Learn:
- A process for identifying top succession risks so you can get the attention of your executive team
- A framework for succession management including the key steps in the process
- Models for assessing employee leadership potential based on the latest research
- Key practices in Succession 2.0 such as building an internal and external pool
- You will be given a sample succession scorecard to help you measure the success of your program