On May 04, 2010, I will be teaching a workshop on succession management fundamentals to the Association of Professional Engineers and Geo-Scientists of BC. Here is the link to register: http://www.apeg.bc.ca/prodev/events/succession_mgmt.html Learning Objectives
In this program, we will provide you with an overall framework for developing a succession program. Specifically, you will learn:
- Why succession management is a risk management process and how to identify the succession risks in your organization
- The different phases of a succession management project and typical activities in each phase.
- How to identify and assess future successors both inside and outside of your organization
- What to do if you do not have enough successors in house
- How to create leadership development plans that accelerate leadership potential so that you can bridge the gap between your senior leaders and the next level as fast as possible
- This is a hands-on one day workshop.
- Participants walk away with a framework for building a succession process in their organization and a toolkit they can apply.
- We utilize real world case studies
- We also provide them with practical stories from years of consulting in this area.