"We are very thankful for your help in developing our high potential leaders." Martin Huang, P. ENG. Vice President, Grid Operations, BC Hydro
Do you know who will run your business in the future? Do you have people internally who could step up and take over? Or, do you have your doubts?
Our suite of succession planning services will help you to identify which roles are pivotal to your business in the future, and to proactively develop the right individuals to fill future roles.
A key premise behind our approach is that succession must be linked to the business strategy, you need to match people’s career goals to future vacancies, and if you don’t have people internally, you need to proactively (and creatively) build a pipeline of possible external candidates too.
- Succession Program Design – We take the guess work out of succession planning by identifying your primary succession risks, communicating the common steps, educating you on the political dynamics, and designing a practical approach that fits with your needs.
- Identify Potential Successors – We design processes for identifying internal successors – their strengths and development areas – and we have a suite of research validated selection tools that will help you make more informed hiring decisions, and ultimately save you lots of money, and grief. (Remember the last time you promoted the wrong person?).
- Unlock Employee Potential – Although identifying successors is work, the real work is unlocking employee potential. Research shows that although there are 1500 ways to develop potential, only 50 truly work. We know what these are, and we will support your organization to unlock your employee’s potential.
- 360 & Other Leadership Assessments – When assessing successors we use an inside-out approach. We evaluate people’s innate potential along with their current leadership performance. Our suite of tools evaluates people’s ability to think strategically, deal with the complexity of executive leadership, and to better understand what they need to do to advance their career.
- Create development plans – Creating a good development plan with a clear vision of success, and meaningful actions is not as easy as it sounds. We support your leaders to create meaningful development plans that will support their career goals and the business needs.
- Leadership Coaching – One on one coaching support when someone is newly promoted, preparing for advancement, or dealing with greater complexity is critical in today’s business world. We have coached hundreds of leaders at all levels of management and when we coach you, or leaders on your team, you benefit from our real world insight, and practical experience.
- College for Leaders and Management Certification Programs – Sometimes it is valuable for successors to have one on one support, and sometimes it is better to create broader leadership development programs that will educate people on management best practices or how to run parts of your business. We can design a customized in house management certification process or “corporate university” to support the leadership development needs at different levels of management.
- Integrated Human Resources – Succession needs to happen within the context of a broader human resources infrastructure. If you do not have processes for having performance management conversations, or you are having challenges engaging your employees, we can help you to transform your human resources practices. We have a team of consultants who have award winning HR experience and who can help you to be a top employer, a key advantage when trying to retain people who are instrumental for your future.